This is to help counteract the 25 or so things they did (before naptime) to drive me up the wall, of course.
In no particular order:
- Immediately after their Daddy got them out of their room this morning, the big guy said “let’s go sleep with Mama”.
- He made sure the little guy had his blanket before they went downstairs.
- They both yelled “bye Daddy” as Dan was leaving even though he was already out the door and couldn’t hear them.
- They waited with their noses glued to the windowpane until Daddy was out of sight.
- The little guy says “thank you” every time you hand him something, no matter how insignificant.
- He said “wuv you too” and “mmm-ah” when I put him down for a nap.
- As I was leaving their room at naptime, the big guy said “hug” and crossed his arms in the air .
- They played happily together this morning – no timeouts needed.
- They jam when singing the alphabet song – one will start singing, and the other will pick it up, and they’ll keep it going for several rounds.
- They both spent time this morning with books off their bookshelf, just quietly turning the pages, looking at the pictures and “reading”.